UFI – The Global Association for the Exhibition Industry, is looking for:
– Marketing and Communications Coordinator
– Based in the UFI Headquarters in Paris (Levallois-Perret), France
– 6 month contract (February – July 2018)
About the position
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator (M&C Coordinator) will be involved in supporting UFI’s biggest global promotional campaign for the exhibition industry: «Global Exhibitions Day» (GED). This day was set forward more than two years ago as a day of recognition for exhibitions, when numerous activities take place across the globe.
The M&C Coordinator will be working directly with UFI’s Marketing and Communications Manager to execute and implement aspects of the GED communication campaign and other UFI related communication and marketing matters.
- Compose and post online content on UFI’s website and social media accounts
- Communicate with offline community
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.)
- Keep track of contacts and produce activity reports (new CRM database and specific tools currently under implementation).
Beyond these role-specific tasks, the M&C Coordinator will provide administrative support and assistance in the daily operations and on other ongoing projects, including marketing activities.
About the candidate
The right candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
- BA degree or equivalent academic qualification and proven experience as a marketing assistant working for and with a broad variety of customers and clients, preferably in the exhibition and/or events industry
- Strong analytical, communication and people skills
- Ability to perform multi-task with a certain level of autonomy and to adhere to deadlines
- Fluent in English (spoken and written: English is the working language of the association and full autonomy is essential for this position). All of the written work for this role will be in English. Additional language skills in any of the following are welcome: French, Chinese, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian
- Permitted to work in the European Union and able to travel if and when necessary
If interested, please send your CV with a letter of motivation and salary expectations to [email protected].
This is a fixed term contract for a 6 month period. Letters of reference may be requested.
Job title: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Working with and reporting to UFI’s Communications and Marketing Manager.
Founded in 1925, UFI is the globally leading association for the exhibition industry, representing organisers, exhibition centers, professional exhibition associations and service providers to the industry. At present, UFI has more than 700 corporate members from more than 80 countries, directly representing 50,000 industry employees.
The exhibition industry is known as an “invisible giant”, fostering economic development globally: 4.4 million companies from all around the world are exhibiting at business trade shows. An average of 85 major international trade shows are taking place daily, attracting a total of 260 million visitors. This
creates a direct economic impact of around 100 billion Euro annually, and directly employs close to 700,000 people.
UFI is headquartered in Paris, France, and also shares a presence in Brussels to address European policy matters. Regional offices have been established in Hong Kong, China, serving the Asia/Pacific Region, and in Sharjah, UAE, to serve members in the Middle East/Africa region. In the Americas, UFI collaborates with regional associations to serve the industry.
As a privileged forum for dialogue and exchange of knowledge, UFI’s main goal is to represent, promote and support its members and the exhibition industry worldwide.
By promoting the unique characteristics of trade fairs:
- UFI plays the role of an efficient networking platform where professionals of the exhibition industry can exchange ideas and experiences;
- UFI promotes trade fairs and exhibitions globally as a unique marketing and communications tool;
- UFI provides UFI members with valuable studies and research regarding all aspects of the exhibition industry;
- UFI offers educational training opportunities and a variety of professional seminars; and
- UFI deals with issues of common interest for its members within the framework of regular meetings of its regional chapters and working groups.
- UFI is a non-profit association subject to French law.